These are some great funnies I have collected from Scrivnerburg over the years. Many of them were originally posted on CafeMom and are
posted here with the original post date so I have it handy for the book that will eventually
have to come of this. :-)

Thursday, July 5, 2007

It's a good thing they make me laugh!

My youngest, Caleb, makes me laugh regularly. It's a good thing, too, because with 7 at home, if I didn't laugh often I'd probably be locked up by now.
The other day I went to get my sweet little man after his nap, and I hoped for a sweet snuggle in the rocking chair. Not happenin'. He was holding his blankie - which he calls "nyonny" - and he headed out the bedroom door. He turned back to look at me and said, "Nonny."
"You have your blankie, right there." said the dazzlingly brilliant mommy.
"No. Nonny." replied the little man.
"Do you want me to take your blankie?" Mommy's getting confused.
"No! Nonny!" Caleb's getting frustrated.
So, I get up and reach for the blanket, "Do you want me to put it in your bed?"
"NO! NONNY!"
"Okay, show me what you mean."
Caleb immediately left the bedroom, ran down the hall to the laundry room, and patted the front of the washer. "Nonny."
My 22-month-old son gave up his after-nap snuggle to do laundry! He truly wanted to move the wet clothes from the washer to the dryer. That was his whole agenda.
I realized later that he had been saying "nonny" instead of "nyonny", but I'd never heard "laundry" from him before, so I didn't know. Poor, frustrated little man. It must be such a struggle to live with a mom who is so dense!
We did do laundry, and then he went outside to play in the mud with the rest of the kids...still no snuggle. Boohoo.

(Sorry - I didn't take my camera with me to do laundry. What was I thinking? This was taken the same day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment